1. “Negotiation is a powerful skill that helps you advocate for yourself when it comes to your career and finances.”
2. “a screenless life can reveal a fulfilling form of connection many of us have been without this last year. Could the next year be a worthwhile opportunity to truly unplug but still connect? “
3. “Often, my clients and students believe that they owe other people explanations and answers about anything and everything. In reality, you’re under no obligation to respond to nosy questions, even if they’re not overtly offensive.”
“The dreams and passions stored within hearts are powerful keys which can unlock a wealth of potential.” – John C. Maxwell –
“If you have no destination, you’ll never get there.”-Harvey MacKay
I am a former Financial Peace University Coordinator for my church and Dave Ramsey fan. Dave teaches his 7 Baby Steps will show you how to save for emergencies, pay off debt and build wealth.
- Baby Step 1: Save $1000 for your emergency fund.
- Baby Step 2: Payoff all debt except the house.
- Baby Step 3: Save 3-6 months of expenses in a fully funded emergency fund.
- Baby Step 4: Invest 15% of your income in retirement.
- Baby Step 5: Save for your children’s college fund.
- Baby Step 6: Pay off your home early.
- Baby Step 7: Build wealth and give.
My take: Become a great manager of your finances to make progress and that starts with following a monthly budget and tracking expenses. That said, increasing income and creating multiple streams increases the velocity of Dave’s plan. That’s why I’m such a big fan of entrepreneurship!
What did you like best here? Leave your thoughts in the comments below, or hit reply if you are receiving this by email.
Also, subscribe here to get this post sent directly to your inbox each Friday morning.